We are recruiting for a rolling internship at the Darley Anderson Children’s Book Agency.
The Darley Anderson Children’s Book Agency represents bestselling and award-winning authors and illustrators for children. As the most commercial children’s agency in London, our clients work across the whole of the children’s market, from picture books to YA. We represent bestsellers like Beth Reekles, Rachel Morrisroe and Claire Powell, as well as rising stars like Nathanael Lessore, Laura Noakes and Joyce Efia Harmer. Having grown rapidly in the last few years, we’re very excited to now be able to offer a paid internship scheme.
Our internship is a three-month commitment, for two days a week. Working from our busy office in Parson’s Green, you’ll be introduced to both primary agenting and international rights sales. You’ll support us across our lists of authors and illustrators, and there will be opportunities to learn more about international rights fairs, attend author events and meet with editors and scouts as appropriate.
This would be a great fit for someone with office experience and a passion for children’s books who would like to find out more about publishing and agenting. No publishing experience is necessary.
The role includes:
- Keeping our website updated and current
- Social media management, with an opportunity to develop our brand into new social media platforms
- Supporting us with the administration created in a busy office
- Submissions: assisting in the reading of submissions, and sending rejections
- General support
- Reading manuscripts and providing editorial reports
The ideal candidate will:
- love reading all types of children’s books
- have a passion for characters and stories alongside a love of children’s/YA/illustrated books
- be confident with social media
- have experience working in an office environment
- have excellent organisation and time management skills
This is based at the Children’s Agency office – Unit 19, Matrix Studios, 91 Peterborough Road, London. We will be paying the London Living Wage, and this role is for two days a week. Unfortunately, in order for interns to get the most out of the role, we are not able to offer our internship remotely.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
The closing date for our first placement is 17th September, but we will keep applications on file for future placements.